Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The smart money for the over-under at Lawyers, Guns & Money was 8 percentage points. I was in the car when the polls closed in Pennsylvania, and when I heard that the turnout favored women, I was glad I hadn't followed my gut and taken the under. HRC attracts a motivated group, there's just no getting around it. I know a lot of women who feel very strongly that this is the candidate they have been waiting a lifetime for, and I guess what that means is that Obama isn't really going to have much of a choice. Hillary can't win, and won't quit, and that means that she is the only choice that can be made for VP. It could work. It unifies a closely divided base, and there is no doubt in my mind that Clinton would be better in a debate than anyone McCain is likely to pick-- and better than Obama would be. Bill Richardson will be disappointed, and probably a few other people too, but there just doesn't seem to be any other choice that will secure a win in the general. I could live with Senator Clinton as VP- she has established herself as a good colleague in the Senate, and although to me that is damning her with faint praise, when it comes time to push the next legislative agenda, she'd be good to have in the trenches. Actually, in the "friends close/enemies closer" sense, she'd be better to have as VP than chairing a committee. It'd give New Yorkers an interesting opportunity to find a replacement (now that it won't be David Patterson). As I've said often, I like the idea of Hillary Clinton-- and as VP she'd be more conceptual. Too bad if neither one of them wants to do it that way-- it is is pretty clear that this is a compromise the rest of us can live with.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?