Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

This recipe for Cajun Sausage Bread has a sort of church cookbook style that I like, basically because it uses those bake-and-serve biscuits. The filling is the real deal, aromatic and spicy, and I suppose you could make the dumpling dough from scratch, but why go to that effort? I found the recipe itself to be written in a somewhat confusing way-- what you want to do is set up your mis, with a chopped onion, chopped green pepper, chopped jalapeno, and chopped celery. In a separate bowl mix the salt, chili powder, black pepper, bay leaves and dried thyme. I went with a slightly larger dice for the andouille-- I like the texture of andouille, and didn't want to sacrifice that. Start the sausage browning, then add the spice mixture and let the two cook together until brown, then add the miripoix and saute until soft. I used canned tomatoes, and their juice-- about half a one pound can, along with the Worcestershire and a healthy slug of Tabasco. Cook it down, then add two tablespoons of flour, and two tablespoons of water. Cook that down (about a minute-- I guess the idea is to bind the mixture together a bit) then set aside. Toss in the chopped green onions at this point- they are there to brighten the flavor a bit.

Rolling out the tube biscuits makes working with them seem a little more like cooking. I was trying for a an attractive half-moon shape with crimped edges, and I suppose someone with more patience could achieve that effect. They might be prettier brushed with an egg wash, too. Recommended to CLA for the next time she wants to bring something that is relatively equipment simple.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?