Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Monday, October 05, 2009

Nobel Prize handicapping. I think the IOC's rejection of Chicago reflects a deep seated anti-American sentiment, so sorry Philip Roth and Joyce Carol Oates (and Bob Dylan). If it hasn't happened for Amos Oz or Adonis I don't think it is going to happen this year either. I like Murakami, but I think he needs to build up a larger body of work. We've had Pinter (more evidence of animus to America) and Lessing, so that's enough Brits for now; too bad for you Ian McEwan. Juan Marse has a hot hand-- if I could play a trifecta I'd be inclined to box him with Cees Nooteboom and Mario Vargas Llosa. Since I can't, I think I'll go with Llosa. South American, conservative by Swedish standards, well-established. We'll find out Thursday.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?