Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

I'm still slugging my way through Underworld, and still enjoying it. It is best taken in bigger bites, I think, but that's probably generally true of fiction. DeLillo references Lenny Bruce at several points, so I've been watching some YouTube clips of Bruce. His second to last performance is here-- most of it consists of his reading his indictment and explaining the bits that it describes. Some of it is close to being funny, but most of it isn't. On the other hand, it is possible for me to understand how he might have been funny, sometimes. Whether he was actually imparting any great truth is harder to know. What's most interesting about the clip I've linked to is how contemporary it seems. Bruce was shocking then, but the world has shifted, and this is mostly stuff that seems tame today.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?