Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Saturday, September 03, 2011

I have tweaked my Lawyers in Movies list this semester:
To Kill A Mockingbird (1962)*
Inherit the Wind (1960)*
The Verdict (1982)**
Counselor At Law (1933)*
Michael Clayton (2007)**
Class Action (1991)*
A Civil Action (1998)*
Anatomy of a Murder (1959)*
My Cousin Vinny (1992)**
…And Justice for All  (1979)**
The Talk of the Town (1942)*
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)*
Intolerable Cruelty (2003)*
(* means DVD only. ** means streaming is available.)

Some of my stalwarts aren't available any more. So long, Witness for the Prosecution. Fairwell, Fortune Cookie. Some that I really like got the ax because my students kept bouncing off them. Adios, The Paper Chase. I'm swapping The Talk of the Town for Legally Blonde but it is a close call. It would be interesting to talk about Legally Blonde in the context of the current discussion about the value of legal education, but I am not sure I have the heart. Talk plays into my notion about who the heroes of American jurisprudence really are--  and who we are told they are. I'd like to do A Man For All Seasons, but I have no confidence that they'd stick with it long enough to get it. I keep thinking I'd like to do Philadelphia but I'm not sure there is really that much to say about it. Likewise Chicago. One of my students last term wrote about Find Me Guilty, and I may work that in at some future point. Judge Foschio suggested Alfred Hitchcock's The Wrong Man, but I'm not so sure that fits with what I am trying to do.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?