Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Because I am dense I went out to run Sunday in the most orange item of apparel I own. It wasn't until I turned the corner at the Historical Society and started seeing Kelly clad revelers that I realized my faux pas, and I didn't hear any catcalls or anything like that, but it was embarrassing. The Saint's Day is taken pretty seriously in Buffalo-- it is essentially a three week long celebration, commencing with the Shamrock Run on the first weekend of March, and culminating with the parade. I stopped going to the parade some years ago, although I used to enjoy shouting imprecations at the politicians. The weather is traditionally some of the worst Buffalo sees. It is either snowing, or sleeting, or if it is clear the temperature is hovering around 2 degrees. This year, however, St. Patrick's Day marked the official start of White Legs season. It's been in the 70's, and it is a little unnerving.

| Comments:
I had the pleasure of wearing an O'BAMA 2012 t-shirt in bright kelly green to tennis on St. Patrick's Day. Got one snarky comment from one of the men playing on the next court but also had a very attractive lady rush over to our table at breakfast after tennis to tell me it was the best St. Patrick's Day shirt she'd ever seen.
 
I had the pleasure of wearing an O'BAMA 2012 t-shirt in bright kelly green to tennis on St. Patrick's Day. Got one snarky comment from one of the men playing on the next court but also had a very attractive lady rush over to our table at breakfast after tennis to tell me it was the best St. Patrick's Day shirt she'd ever seen.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?