Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

It was right on the tip of my tongue, but I couldn't quite articulate what was bothering me about the Petraeus story. Now I remember-- what the hell difference does the guy's marital infidelity have to do with anything, and why did the FBI feel like it needed to be rooting around in it? I was thrown off the trail at first because the people who were saying it were at the front of the howling mob when the philanderer was ol' Bill Clinton. I suppose the potential for blackmail existed, and that's not good when the person you are talking about is your head spook, but that's pretty weak broth. And yes, it is pretty hilarious that the head of the freakin' CIA couldn't keep an affair secret.

I have no opinion one way or another about Petraeus as a general, or as head of the CIA. What interests me is that this mess is yet another example of how law enforcement works in the US. Once something is put into the system the machine is activated, and it grinds on until resolution. The possible outcomes here were all bad, and none of them included a determination that this was a matter best dropped.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?