Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Monday, December 10, 2012

My Lawyers in Movies course is offered through the Undergraduate Academies at UB, an interesting program that offers, in addition to seminars like mine, a variety of other sorts of educational experiences. I'm only involved to the extent that I teach classes through the program: I am thought of there as law faculty (as I am at the law school). I mention the program because it seems to me to be doing worthwhile work (in addition to allowing me to do work I find pleasant), and because I was impressed by this list of "48 Good Books". Unlike most lists of this sort I haven't read most of these books, but they all look pretty good. I've often had occasion to think that life as an undergraduate at UB might be pretty alienating: it is big, and it is sprawling, and although it pains me to say it, it is one of the ugliest university campuses I have ever seen. On the other hand, there are nifty programs like the Undergraduate Academies, and in my my experience-- extending now, as student, alumnus, and adjunct faculty-- the people are helpful, friendly and engaged. It also seems to me that most of my students seem pretty happy to be there. Come to think of it, I pretty much always have been too.


| Comments:
About 23% - worse if it wasn't for all those Africans and Indians. Thanks, Ann Arbor.
 
Yeah, your Ann Arbor experience is all that brought my percentage up as well.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?