Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Monday, February 04, 2013

How could this past weekend have been improved? Friday night, dinner with friends. I broke my own rule and had the duck, even though A also ordered it. It was great. Then to the Market Arcade Theater for Oscar-nominated shorts. (Tip: I'd say the USA/Afghanistan produced "Buzkashi Boys" is a lock, if your pool has Best Live Action Short, but I also liked "Asad"). Saturday was the final in my Discovery class (grades out today). This was a small group, but they were a lot of fun, and they worked exceptionally hard. I was really pleased with their performance.


And then Sunday. The race that I have my current longest streak with is Mr. Ed's Superbowl Warm-Up, in Middleport. Nobody said anything about running it this year, so I was going to give it a miss, but as I sat at the kitchen table drinking coffee the doorbell rang. It was Jim. Not having heard from me to the contrary he assumed I was going, so I threw on some running stuff and went. It was 17° and clear, with fresh snow on the ground, but with the road and the tow path cleared. Part of the point of Mr Ed's is that it is a winter race, so you'd have to say that conditions were optimal. End it with a pretty good Super Bowl, and there was nothing not to like.


| Comments:
Sometimes it takes a friend to get a person going. good for your friend. In the Frozen North ya just gotta keep going!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?