Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Thursday, April 18, 2013

It occurs to me-- sadly not for the first time-- that the things we think of as good news frequently become less and less like what good news used to be like when we were younger. "It's operable." "It's only stage 2." "They say if you have to have it, this is the kind to have."

And yet, and yet... And yet this is good news of a kind. The whiff of hospital corridors-- and worse-- notwithstanding, there is a real sense in which sharing this news brings us together, and makes each of us stronger, and makes us cherish our time even more.

I wish I were better at talking myself into that.

UPDATE: No, not me. I'm fine right now.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?