Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Thursday, February 06, 2014

I have issues with the Winter Olympics. I don't think that the Olympics should have team sports, for example, because I don't think the Olympics should be nationalistic. On the other hand, Olympic hockey is pretty great, so I have learned to live with that bit of cognitive dissonance. Figure skating does nothing for me, but it is probably the most popular Winter Games event, so it is the event that is the most televised. I'm okay with speed events: skiing, speed skating. I'd like to try bobsledding, and I'd love to try luge. I'm intrigued by these games mostly because of the atmospherics. Putin is a genuinely bad man, Sochi was the site of a genocide, and the construction of the Olympic Village has apparently been a free-for-all for every crook and every grifter in Russia. So yeah, I'll be watching.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?