Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Monday, October 05, 2015

My policy for primaries is to support the most liberal candidate, and up to now that's been Bernie Sanders. The only substantial area where Senator Sanders and I part ways has been gun control-- as a senator from the most rural state in the union this is not surprising-- Howard Dean wasn't great on gun control either. HRC has now said that she favors restrictions on gun show sales and that is a move that leaves me in a bit of a quandary. She is still Scoop Jackson in a skirt as far as her foreign policy goes-- but she is winning me over.

A couple of other Monday thoughts: one reason Donald Trump may be doing so well is that every other Republican running is unlikable. Years ago, in PoliSci 110 my professor, Edward Janosik arranged for the class to attend a Jimmy Carter rally down the road at Genesee Community College. Dr. J was an early Carter supporter, and the event was shortly after Carter's big upset in the Iowa caucuses. (I have no idea why Carter thought Batavia was a place to visit. I'll have to look into that.) Carter was still very much a dark horse, but Dr. J told us that at a minimum Carter's candidacy would mark the end of George Wallace's career as a national Democrat. I have a feeling that Trump's campaign may be the thing that marks the end of the Bush family as Republican candidates, and I am pretty happy about that thought.

Also, what the hell happened to the Bills yesterday? What was that?



| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?