Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Monday, November 23, 2015

One of the lawyers on the panel I was judging moot court with last Friday was the kind of guy who carries a copy of the US Constitution in his jacket pocket. I've been thinking about that, and I have concluded that people who carry texts around like that are pretty much always going to be people I'm going to have a problem with. Bibles, Korans, copies of The Great Gatsby-- whatever it is, the only reason you can possibly have for carrying it around is because you are hoping for the chance to wave it at someone. Sure enough, this guy spent the afternoon happily brandishing his pocket Constitution at a succession of poor undergraduates whose only offense was to have had the presumption to have wandered into the room. Another highlight: he didn't like the way one of the students tied his tie.

| Comments:
I had one of those once and after a while I put it in my desk drawer for precisely that reason.
 
As someone who has precise knowledge of what you're talking about, I couldn't agree more. It was pretty shocking to see the Constitution whipped out.
 
A pocket periodic table seems more useful, or a slide rule, if anyone still knows how to use one.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?