Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Home sick yesterday I set my phone to play the podcast of Moby Dick and drifted in and out of consciousness. My admiration for Moby Dick is well known in certain circles: I read it to my daughters at bedtime until each was old enough to cry, "No more Moby Dick!" The results speak for themselves, but I have never succeeded in persuading anyone else to try the experiment, although for a while I made the book a christening gift to select friends.  I have long maintained that it is the greatest American novel, and although there are persuasive arguments for The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, or The Great Gatsby, I stand by that pronouncement. Damn, it is good.



| Comments:
Any audiobook version that you particularly recommend?
 
The Big Read podcast at the link is suiting me down to the ground
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?