Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

There was a time when I considered myself an expert at the NYC subway, but it's changed a lot and now I regard myself as merely adept. The torch has passed, and now it is LCA who is the subway ace. It is an arcane knowledge, but she seems proud of it. She has a gap in her nomenclature, however: she insists that nobody uses the terms IRT, BMT and IND any longer-- and adds that the trains are nearly exclusively referred to by number these days. This seems wrong to me-- the Lex, the Broadway Local, the Sixth Avenue Line-- these are vital descriptors. I'm still vexed that the system no longer uses double letters to denote local trains on the BMT and IND lines.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?