Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Friday, October 13, 2017

The York State Bar Association has endorsed a "Yes" vote on the Constitutional Convention. I understand the concerns of those who oppose this: in a nutshell, there is a non-zero chance that parts of the State Constitution that are good, and that we like, might be lost. I think think that these fears are somewhat overblown. For one thing, whatever proposals emerge from the Convention must be approved by referendum. For another, the tendency of such conventions is to add rights, not take them away. And finally, I believe that our present Constitution, written in 1894, with the last major changes made in 1938, no longer does the job it needs to do. I intend to run for a deligate's seat, so if that comforts you let me know and I'll show up for your signature on my petition

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?