Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

I'm sort of sorry that Netflix is cancelling Luke Cage, which is really well done. I like that its cast is largely African-American, for one thing- it looks like Harlem should look. On the other hand, Iron Fist is dumb, and I won't miss it, and come to think of it Marvel itself ran out of things to do with both Cage and Danny Rand in the pretty early going, which is why they teamed the two up. A good super hero story needs a strong nemesis, and although Cage does all right with this (Alfre Woodard is terrific) I don't know how sustainable that is. The same is also true, unfortunately, with Jessica Jones. Daredevil, on the other hand, should be good for a while yet. Ultimately I would rather have a couple of good seasons than a strong start followed by a long slide into mediocrity.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?