Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

 We took Young Theo out for an airing Sunday afternoon, and along the way we passed a young woman wearing a Liberty University sweatshirt. Oral Roberts University is this year's NCAA Men's Basketball Cinderella. I may have mentioned here that the Buffalo Moot Court team regularly encounters teams from evangelical institutions like those, and I am here to tell you that those students come prepared and ready to rumble. This is, of course, part of a larger mission to flood government and the legal profession with religious crackpots, and please don't think that I am excluding the alma matter of our newest Supreme Court Justice from this discussion. I suppose religious instruction has its place, but I have yet to meet a religious lawyer that I trust, and I attribute that to the simple reality that religious people only respect those aspects of the law that are consistent with their beliefs- as William S. Burroughs tells us, "If you're doing business with a religious son of a bitch, get it in writing; his word isn't worth shit, not with the good Lord telling him how to fuck you on the deal."


| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?